Monday, February 05, 2007

Plea to the FPCV to Recount the Toughest Trip He'll Ever Love

I’ve been asking Marty to write a blog entry about our trip to Gambia and Senegal, but, as you can see, he remains silent on the blog (except of course when I choose to quote him to suit my own devious purposes). I need your help. If you want to hear about the Toughest Trip You'll Ever Love by Marty, FPCV (Faux Peace Corps Volunteer), please contact him now. For you, he may do it. He just needs a little (well, may be a lot of) encouragement.

My sister Donna, in her comment to my previous posting, requested pictures of Nancy, Rita and Roland. These are the Gambian children named after me, my mother and my father. Nancy, who was born within a month or so of my arrival in Yona, is now married. Rita is a high school student, and Roland is seven. While my Gambian family knows my name well, they seem to have trouble with the name Rita, often prouncing Rita as Weeda. The name Roland seems to somehow been transformed to "Loring." Fortunately, the boy named Roland is also known as Buba, saving many the discomfort of trying to pronounce Roland. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see Rita, but here are pictures of Nancy and Roland:


Marty with Fatu (Roland's Mom), Roland and Assorted Children

(Roland is the littlest one.)


Nancy and Nancy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding the two pictures to your blog. I really enjoyed reading about your trip to Africa and can't wait to get Marty's impressions. I'll write him to try to persuade him to take a personal dip into the blogosphere.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home